All questionnaire components with the exception of sections can be created in the same manner. There are two methods for creating these questionnaire components (questions, sub-sections, rosters, variables and static texts).
To create a questionnaire component (except sections):
- Click on the *Add Question* button located on the left hand side of the navigation pane to create a question.
- If you want to create another type of component, select the downward arrow button to the right.
- From the pop-up menu select the questionnaire component that you
would like to create.
- Locate a questionnaire component within a section that should precede the new component.
- Right click on the component.
dd question, add sub-section, add roster, add variable or add static text.
For questions, static texts, and subsections you may also use text substitution to reference questions and user-defined or system-defined variables in the text. To do this, enclose the question or variable name with the percentage sign (%).
Questionnaire components can be added at the section level (not included in any sub-section or roster) or within sub-section or rosters.
To create a section:
- Click on the table contents button located at the top left of the screen. A panel showing all the sections within the questionnaire will display.
- Click on the Add New Section link to add a new section.
Here, you may also use text
substitution to reference questions and user-defined or
system-defined variables in the text. To do this, enclose the
question or variable name with the percentage sign (%).
All questionnaire components with can be selected in the same manner.
To select a questionnaire component:
In the navigation pane on the left, click on the questionnaire component, you would like to work with. If you want to select a section, open the questionnaire table of contents with the button located on the top left and click on the appropriate section.
Once you select a component you can move or delete the component. In the right hand panel, you can add or modify the component properties.
You can copy and paste questionnaire components from another
questionnaire or from within a questionnaire you are currently working
To copy and paste a questionnaire component:
- Right click on the component you want to copy in the navigation pane on the left. If you want to copy a section, right click on the section in the questionnaire table of contents.
Select Copy from the pop-up menu.
If you want to past the sub-section in another questionnaire, open that questionnaire in Designer.)
- Right click on the component that should precede what you have just copied.
- Click on PASTE AFTER in the pop-up menu or PASTE on the bottom right side of the section navigation pane.
Copying sections from a different questionnaire doesn’t necessarily create a valid questionnaire. The copied questions may refer to the variables that don’t exist in the new questionnaire or contain variable names already utilized elsewhere in the new questionnaire. These inconsistencies must be resolved with manual edits.
Copying and pasting must be done with the same browser. One can’t copy and paste to a different browser or any other program.
To move a questionnaire component:
- Navigate to the questionnaire table of contents that contains the list of the different sections or to navigation pane for the section that contains the component.
For sections, move your mouse over the right hand side of the section that you would like to move and click. For other components as shown in the navigation pane for the section, move your mouse to the right hand side that you would like to move and click.
Drag the component and release it in its new location.
To move questionnaire components between sections:
- Select the component you would like to move.
- Click on the Move To link in the right hand panel.
- In the pop-up window displayed, click on the section that you
would like to move the component to.
There are two methods for deleting a questionnaire component.
To delete a questionnaire component:
- Navigate to the section table of contents or the questionnaire table of contents.
- Right click on the component you would like to delete.
- In the pop-link.
- Select the component you would like to delete.
Click on the DELETE link in the right hand panel.