Survey Solutions server administrator may adjust the server settings. These settings affect simultaneously all surveys and all users on the server and have the effect immediately when applied.
These settings are visible only to the user logged in in an administrative role
and can be accessed from:
This group of settings contains settings that control the encryption of the data archive produced when exporting the data from Survey Solutions.
enable encryption checkbox is checked, the produced data zip-archive will
be encrypted with a password that the administrator sees in the settings. To
ensure high level of security the password can’t be typed in, but is generated
using a random password generation algorithm to make sure the password is
sufficiently complex. The administrator may request a different password to be
generated by pressing the circular arrows button. There is no way of setting a
specific password in this field.
Default = disabled
password must be populated with a valid password for encryption to
take effect. There is no default password. To ensure the password is strong,
the program generates one automatically. A new password can be generated by
clicking on the refresh button.
This group of settings contains only one setting that controls the server global note. When specified, the global note will be shown at every page for every user logged into the Survey Solutions Server.
Default = empty
- To specify the global note - specify a new note and click
- To change the global note - specify a new note and click
- To remove a global note - click the
You will see a message
Note saved on successful update or deletion of the
User Profile Settings
This group contains a single setting that controls whether the interviewers may update their contact information.
default = off
By default the interviewers may not update their contact information (such as email address or phone number).
- To allow interviewers to update their contact information - set the checkbox to checked state.
- To disallow interviewers to update their contact information - set the checkbox to unchecked state.
Interviewer/Supervisor application settings
This group contains the Interviewer/Supervisor application settings centrally controlled from the server by the administrator.
Enable automatic updates determines whether only the most recent
version of the App (as installed on the server) may be utilized by
the workforce to exchange data with the server.
default = on
By default only the most recent version of the app is permitted to exchange the data with the server. Users of all earlier versions are required to update to permit synchronization.
- To always require the tablets to update to version of Survey Solutions as installed on the server, set the checkbox to checked state.
- To permit the tablets to exchange the data with the server from earlier versions of Survey Solutions, set the checkbox to unchecked state.
This setting is only a recommendation. If Survey Solutions determines that e.g. the newly imported questionnaire has features not supported by the version installed on the interviewer’s tablet, it will still require to update.
Enable notifications on device controls whether the
notifications will be issued
for interviewers during their work on the tablets.
default = on
- To show the notifications to interviewers set the checkbox to checked state.
- To not show the notifications to interviewers set the checkbox to unchecked state.
Enable partial synchronization controls whether partial
synchronization will be performed during synchronization with the server.
default = off
- To enable partial synchronization set the checkbox to checked state.
- To disable partial synchronization set the checkbox to unchecked state.
Web interview settings
Web interview email notifications controls whether respondents
to web surveys may request an email with a link to resume the interview if the
interview session gets interrupted.
The email with the resume link is only sent when a bulk email service provider is set up, otherwise it is not sent out even if this checkbox is checked.
default = off
- To allow respondents to request an email with a resume link set the checkbox to checked state.
- To not allow respondents to request an email with a resume link set the checkbox to unchecked state.
Here one can customize the logo that is displayed when the user logs into the Survey Solutions data server or the Interviewer App.
default = neutral themed image
Survey Solutions is deployed with a neutral image that may be customized to the organization’s or survey’s logo.
To change the logo, click on
Choose Filebutton and select an image from the local machine. Image will be displayed on the settings page. Click
Savewhen ready to use this image on all the login screens.
To remove the logo, click the