Observer is an optional account, kind of an HQ user with a limited functionality, to passively monitor a survey. Observer accesses information through impersonation, looking through the eyes of a different user.
An observer can do:
- Read individual interviews including any comments left;
- See reports;
- See lists of users and their profiles.
An observer can not do:
- approve/reject interviews;
- create/delete assignments.
- any other change-state operations;
- download data.
An observer account is created for a server, not for a survey! Hence an observer user may monitor the activity in all surveys that are running on the server.