Every Survey Solutions server has an administrator. This is the first user account created after Survey Solutions is installed, typically by the same person who performed the installation.
An administrator can do (almost) everything an HQ user can do plus some exclusive actions:
- create HQ user accounts, observer user accounts and API user accounts (in addition to supervisors and interviewers as an HQ user can do), change passwords for these users;
- set up a logo for the server and the tablets;
- leave a message for all of the HQ users and supervisors;
- password-protect downloadable data;
- delete a survey (questionnaire and all data);
- unarchive a user;
- inspect the server audit log.
Note that a server administrator may not be designated responsible for assignments, while a headquarters user may be.
Some obvious security recommendations:
- do not share the administrator password;
- do not forget the administrator password;
- do not mention the administrator password in emails;
- do not use administrator account for day-to-day HQ operations.
See more recommendations in the Password Best Practices.