Every Survey Solutions server has an administrator:
- Local server - the first user created after Survey Solutions is installed.
- Cloud server - the credentials are sent to the client that requested the server.
An administrator can do everything an HQ user can do plus some exclusive actions:
- create HQ user accounts, observer user accounts and API user accounts (in addition to supervisors and interviewers as an HQ user can do), change passwords for these users;
- set up a logo for the server and the tablets;
- leave a message for all of the HQ users and supervisors;
- password-protect downloadable data;
- delete a survey (questionnaire and all data);
- unarchive a user;
- inspect the server audit log.
Administrator is a privileged account and can do important actions which may result in damage to data. Assign a responsible and informed person as an administrator! We recommend that the administrator has attended a comprehensive Survey Solutions training.
Some obvious security recommendations:
- do not share the administrator password;
- do not forget the administrator password;
- do not mention the administrator password in emails;
- do not use administrator account for day-to-day HQ operations.
See more recommendations in the Password Best Practices.