$c=(age.InRange(15,44) && (sex==2)
It can be subsequently used in the enabling conditions for each question directed at the women of childbearing age simply as $c, which will be substituted with the content of the macro as defined above. Note that macro definitions may not refer to other macros.
To create a macro
- Click on the "$m" tab on the left hand menu.
- Click on the ADD NEW Macroslink.
- Define the macro name, content, and (optionally) a description for the macro.
- Click save.
- To refer to the macro created previously in a chosen section, sub-section, question, or roster, type “$” followed by the macro name in the enabling condition field. In this example, type “$c”.
To modify a syntax in a Macro
- Click on the “$m” tab on the left hand menu.
- Locate the macro and click on any field in the macro specification to make all the necessary revisions.